Attention Disc Golfers. We’re looking forward to this year’s disc golf summer league, running May – September. Early registration helps us to cover the upfront costs, so we ask if you are able, to register early.
We will play on Tuesday evenings at 6 pm, starting May 16th, and playing until the end of September.
Who Can Play?
We want to be as inclusive as possible. Anyone at any skill level can play, but if young children want to play, we ask that their parents take responsibility and that if they want to play with the group, that they adhere to the rules, the same as anyone else. Our play is relaxed, so if you are a strong player or beginner, we want it to be accessible and fun for all.
Marsh Pond Park, at the corner of Lorne Ave. and St. Vincent St. In Stratford.
The cost of joining the league is $65 for the 2023 season. This includes your membership in the Ontario Disc Sports Association and your insurance for league play, along with a custom Stratford stamped golf disc and numbered bag tag.
We will meet by the first tee each week, breaking into groups of 3 or 4. From there, the groups will go out and play two full rounds of the course, first from the red tees and then from the blue tees. Live scoring is done via the UDisc app. After play concludes for the week, points are assigned, and the leaderboard is updated.
Each year the champ (from the previous season) will be given the opportunity to compete in the provincial championships.
- Each week you play (during league night), you receive 2 points.
- You will receive 1 point for each league member you tie or outscore. So if 20 people signed up for the league, a first-place finish would give you 20 points. Players who do not play in a week will receive 0 points for the leaderboard.
- There is one additional point for a bogie free-front-9 and one for a bogie-free back-9.
- There is a 5-point bonus for an ace or an eagle.
- There will be a 2-point bonus for Closest to the Pin (CTP) each week. The CTP hole will be specified before the start of the round.
- Your average score is calculated and will serve as the tiebreaker for two players with the same number of leader-board points.
If you cannot make it out on a Tuesday evening, you can play a make-up round. Another league member must witness a make-up round. Players completing a make-up round must do so after league play and before sundown on the following Monday. Players cannot make up a block of missed weeks in one go and cannot play multiple rounds and “cherry-pick” one round as the make-up round.
New for 2023: We will have an official make-up round time on Saturday morning. Players completing their round in this time slot will receive a 1 pt bonus in lieu of the 2 pt bonus for playing on Tuesday night.
Players playing a makeup round at a different time will not receive the 2-point bonus for playing on league night, the 1pt bonus for Saturday morning, and will not be eligible for CTP.
- May 16 – Hole 1
- May 23 – Hole 2
- May 30 – Hole 3
- June 6 – Hole 4
- June 13 – Hole 5
- June 20 – Hole 6
- June 27 – Hole 7
- July 4 – Hole 8
- July 11 – Hole 9
- July 18 – Hole 1
- July 25 – Hole 2
- Aug 1 – Hole 3
- Aug 8 – Hole 4
- Aug 15 – Hole 5
- Aug 22 – Hole 6
- Aug 29 – Hole 7
- Sep 5 – Hole 8
- Sep 12 – Hole 9
- Sep 19 – Hole 1
Rudy Woods Annual Membership
If you don't want to pay for a season, you can grab a day pass for $20, which also previously required GRDGA membership.